The Operations Excellence Assistant Manager supports Small Package function to ensure it meets and exceeds customer service and quality objectives. He/She assists with the development, assessment, and alignment of service goals with company objectives. This position also supports the implementation of training activities and provides operational support. Responsibilities Supports Tactical Planning
Administers Operational Excellence Training
- Follows best practices to ensure consistent high quality Small Package customer service.
- Develops monthly performance goals to track and evaluate service objectives.
- Analyzes performance metrics to ensure service processes and procedures support business objectives.
- Gathers performance trend data for senior management to determine improvement areas and raise expectations where appropriate.
- Assists in the development of the Small Package and Engineering operations balanced scorecard elements to align with corporate strategies.
Provides O.E. Operations Support
- Provides support for Quality Improvement Process training to ensure training activities support department and business objectives.
- Conducts training for Industrial Engineering department personnel to provide accurate operational reports.
- Serves as a training assistant to support Small Package operational performance.
Supervises and Develops Others
- Maintains and updates Operational Excellence databases to ensure the availability of Small Package best practices and service trends for department personnel.
- Develops weekly service reports to inform senior management of Small Package service levels.
- Conducts service trend analyses to determine the best service improvement strategies.
- Prepares Industrial Engineering staff meeting reports to ensure timely documentation.
- Assists the development of Business Quality Assessment audits to measure customer service performance.
- Determines employees' training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS's policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Degree holder with business related background or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 4 years of experience in planning, IE or Logistics industry
- Industrial Engineering, planning, business management background
- Fluent English in conversation and writing
- Computer skills (Excel, PPT, Outlook)
- Good communication skills
- Fast analysis
- Fast leaner and can work under high pressure