BASE Part-Time Supervisor Department:
Building and Systems Engineering (BaSE) - Worldport, 911 Grade Lane
The Buildings & Systems Engineering (BaSE) Part-Time Supervisor protects UPS assets including buildings, equipment, and grounds. This position is located in the Air Park/Worldport. Work environment is divided between the office and the field/operation area.
Available position will be in one the following areas of the BaSE Function:
- Process Support Group (PSG)
- Sort & Repair Crew - He/she will be responsible for supervising conveyor maintenance employees. The Supervisor will work in a fast paced environment where abilities to multitask and attention to detail are required. He/she will be responsible for the dispatching of work, de-logging of work, and follow-up on repairs. He/she will deliver environmental, regulatory, safety and health compliance training.
- OPC - He/she will monitor the sortation system utilizing multiple software applications while interacting with conveyor mechanics and operations employees. The Supervisor will work in a fast paced environment where abilities to multitask and attention to detail are required. He/she may also deliver environmental, regulatory, safety and health compliance training.
- Facilities Support Group (FSG) - He/she will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the automated facility systems; including HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, etc. The Supervisor will work directly with outside service vendors to ensure that all systems are maintained at optimal levels. The Supervisor will work in a fast paced environment where abilities to multitask and attention to detail are required. He/she may also deliver environmental, regulatory, safety and health compliance training.
- Housekeeping - He/she will be responsible for supervising housekeeping employees. In carrying out housekeeping duties, the Supervisor ensures that facility appearance is maintained at an acceptable level for the most reasonable cost. He/she will deliver environmental, regulatory, safety and health compliance training.
Position allows the ability to gain engineering and operations experience. This role will provide continuous career development based on the needs of the employee and the company. Responsibilities and Duties:
Activities performed include but are not limited to:
Skills and Knowledge:
- Responding to internal customer requests.
- Responding to facility alarms and emergencies and troubleshooting problems that arise.
- This position is part of a team that provides 24x7 coverage, including possible holidays and weekends.
Applicant must complete a Pymetrics assessment in order to be considered for this position. An email from "UPS Recruitment" containing instructions will be sent to the email address associated with the application within 24-48 hours of supervisor approval. Applicant will have 3 business days to complete the assessment.
- Currently pursuing or possesses a Bachelor's degree or an applicable technical degree or trade.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Possess strong oral, written interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Multitask, run various systems simultaneously andm onitor systems from a computer station.
- Detail orientated.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all employee groups including all levels of the management team. (preferred)
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills. (preferred)
- Must be able to speak to large groups of employees. (preferred)
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law